Organization Design (module 1):Â When designing a new organization to meet the challenges of the future, strategy comes first, but implementation is a vital second. For every strategic decision, there are ripple effects throughout the organization that need to be understood. What's the new headcount? Are we staffing up/down in the right places? With OrganizationWeaver, designated teams from each business area can work together and simultaneously drag and drop their way to a new organizational structure. All of the essential data needed to create an optimal organization is at the project teams' finger tips. These are some of the building blocks used when designing organizations:
- Organizations: During a transformational change, there is one (or two) original organization(s) and one new organization. The original organization(s) can serve as a baseline from which the new organization can start to take shape. Or you can choose to pick only certain elements from the original organization(s) and build the rest from scratch. No need to start with a blank sheet of paper when there is lots of valuable data available to be utilized.
- Orgunits: The main building blocks of an organization are the organizational units. They can be arranged according to a hierarchical line structure, but also according to other dimensions. Our organizational design method serves as a basis for developing the Orgunits, but the software is easily configurable to using any design method.
- Postings: Many people in an organization share a similar job description with their peers. A posting is a concept used to group positions like these. By handling postings rather than every single position in an organization, the number of single objects that project members need to handle is drastically reduced.
- Positions: Every position should be well defined, vital to the future of the organization, and filled by one ideal person. OrganizationWeaver makes this much easier.
Also, the Organization Design module features:
- Granular access control
- Creation and approval workflow
- One-click deployment
- Customizable data structure
- Drag-and-drop user interface
- Progress reports
- HTML posting descriptions
<< Back to Features overview
Next Feature: Employee Preferences module >>